Monday, August 13, 2007

To: My First Born

Zachary helped me tonight....

A co-worker of mine went into a major seizure at work tonight.

No one else in the office knew what to do.

But Zachary has tought me alot in 10 years.

I handled the situation the same way I deal with Zachary's seizures.

And I'm proud of the two comments that I got from co-workers afterwards.

1. Dude, you acted just like a freakin' paramedic... Like on C.O.P.S. !!!

2. That was sweet the way you kept reassuring him even though he was unconcious.

Thank you, Zachary.

You have taught me more than I can ever teach you.


P.S. By the way, not that it relates here, but if you didn't already know, the American Heart Association CPR Training guidelines have changed. Contact your local CPR instructor to make sure you know how to save a life.
Tonight wasn't a case where I needed that training, but it reminded me of how it very well could have been.
Learn how to save a life, maybe even your own.

No comments: