Sunday, March 18, 2007

At the Bama Breeze... I loved to act the fool down there.


I feel that I have always had more than my fair share of the "15 minutes of Fame" we're all supossed to have... Despite my obvious Radio exposure, I am a "native" of George W. Bush's Home Town, I knew Laura Bush from the Midland Public Library,

I've hobknobed with bands such as the Eagles, Chicago and White Snake, Interviewed Ed McMahon... whose check bounced, by the way, and many other Who's who folks around...

I've interviewed many "smaller" people that were much more interesting or worthy of air time than those mentioned above, but the one person I have never met is Jimmy Buffet... but he visited a place that my wife and I used to call home and decided to make his Bama Breeze video at our old hang out... The Red Dog Saloon... which was recently gutted during Hurricane Katrina...

Seeing the old stomping grounds in ruins brought a tear to my eye... not because of the structure lost, but of the memories that it still held in the ribcage of it's skeleton. The song is wonderful, and makes me want to go back to that time... just to put make-up on Rusty while he's sleeping on the toilet.

If you understand what I'm saying in that regard, you know this post was meant for you.... otherwise... just imagine a guy that rarely got so drunk, he fell asleep on the toilet... ALOT!!!

The video is here... if you ever get at chance to get down to Bay St. Louis, MS... once they rebuild... stop in at the Red Dog Saloon ... and check out the women's bathroom stall.

Hey, Kat... remember that pool table?

1 comment:

Shadow said...

Yep...that video brings back LOTS of memories. So sad, so much washed away with Katrina's fury. The memories, she can never take away.

Here's to Rusty and all the other colorful memories on the Gulf Coast.

Nice post.